Monday, December 26, 2005

Todays observations......

I didn't realize it but today is a day considered to be a busy shopping day somewhat close to or even more so than that of the day following the Thanksgiving holiday. There were many 6-hour sales at stores and malls near my area. Just goes to show how alert I've been lately. I was tempted to shop around but resisted the temptation. Oddly enough, just a few nights ago, I did some heavy duty shopping for all of my necessary sundries so I missed out on the specials but that's ok. I was just about out of everything so I had no choice. Besides.....most of the sales today were probably on clearance items left over from Christmas and such. The 50% off deals and that.

So far, the weather here in St. Louis has really been kind. Today it got up to 43 degrees and tomorrow it's gonna go up to 60 so that's something to look forward to! Sun - shiny day and 60 degrees in December....what more could you ask for? I've got a late update to share. Remember my "little house guest?" (the mouse) Well, guess what? He decided to make a final curtain call just a few days before Christmas eve night. He came out of hiding only to fall dead just inside my sunporch which is just off from my kitchen. I was going to throw away some trash and my trashcan is located just inside my sunporch and low and behold, when I looked down, there he was--dead as a doornail--right beside the trashcan on the floor. So, the de-con traps really do work. But that's not all....apparently, he had a couple friends with him because within the 2 days that followed, there were 2 more mice. The second one laid dead in the middle of my kitchen floor and the third was in my computer room. The only really bad thing is that mouse number 3 was still alive--well, somewhat. He was on the verge of death. Of course I panicked and had to have someone come over and get rid of him. Thank goodness for masculine men who have no fear of the little rascals....

I'm hoping that my "little visitors " told their friends to beware of my house with poisonous goodies before they met their fate so they stay away. That was enough excitement for me. Indeed!

I'm watching John Mayer in concert right now as I type and I never realized just how good he really is! He seems to have a heavy rhythmn & blues -inspired technique in his guitar playing which is really saying something considering his age. The young man's got soul. Well, if I don't get a chance to post again soon, I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy, Safe, and Prosperous New Year and may the best of this year be the worst of next year for you all! Take care and God Bless......

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

zep:

hope you had a wonderful Christmas. If you don't post or comment until 2006. Have a Happy New Year. Heck, even if you DO post, Have a Happy New Year.

6:42 PM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home