Saturday, November 26, 2005

Maxin' & Relaxin'

~Background Music>>>> OutKast <<<< " The Way You Move "

* sippin' on a glass of smooth wine *

It's a nice evening tonight in St. Louis, Mo. I felt like rounding the night out on a mellow note. I haven't been feeling all that great lately. I never did get my flu shot and I've been having flu-like symptoms off and on. I'm feeling just about right at the moment though with alittle help from my glass of Lambrusco. MMMMM....and it's chilled just right, tastes so good.

I have to admit, I feel a heck of alot better than I did earlier today. I felt as though I'd been without sleep for days. I had no energy at all and the day before I experienced the chills so bad that I had to turn my heat all the way up to 80 and I was still cold. I also had the worst headache. Right now, I feel just fine. I'm assuming that it's the wine. It has that effect--that illusion of feeling good--which works for me.

So it's Saturday night and I'm relaxing at home. When I got home from work today, I was feeling so physically drained that I just passed out. When I woke up, I had to run an errand and now I'm pretty much wide awake. I've been getting a chance to watch alittle more television lately and I've seen some pretty good shows on the sci-fi channel and the health channel. I can't remember the channel numbers what with having Directv choice Premier, there's so many stations that I can't remember them all. Being that I don't get to go to the show too often, let alone rent any DVDs, I got to see the movie " Dragonfly " starring Kevin Costner. I really enjoyed that movie. At first, I thought it was gonna be another flop like his movie " Waterworld" but it turned out to be pretty good. I'd watch it a second time so that means I really liked it.

On the health channel, there was a show called trauma that focused on trauma in the ER located at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis Missouri. Of course I had to watch that since it's in my hometown. It was really interesting. One story was about a young teenager who'd been shot by a drive-by bullet in the back of his shoulder. Drive-by shootings are somewhat commonplace in some parts of the St. Louis Metropolitan area unfortunately. Apparently, the bullet had entered his back--by his shoulder--and circled around to his chest area without hitting any of his vital organs. Imagine that.....he's a very lucky young man. Another story showed a man with diabetes and his right foot was starting to turn completely black. His leg had to be amputated to the knee. He cried. It was so sad. Another story was about a man who was a barge worker on the Mississippi who had sustained a fall from the barge, hitting his head on the edge of the barge and falling into the river. He had a very large gash on his skull and some of the dirty water seeped into his head and around his brain. It's really amazing how the surgeons and nurses have to think so quickly to save lives. They make split second decisions that will decide our fate and possibly change our lives forever. That's what I call pressure. I don't know if I could handle that....

~Background Music>>> Nina Sky<<<
" Move Ya Body " -radio edit
No, you're not seeing things. I've decided that since I can't seem to put background music on my site, I'll just type in what I'm listening to once in a while. I know it's lame but hey....at least I don't screw up my template this way. Oh well.....
So, is everybody ready for Christmas???? I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. I'm sure yesterday was the day from hell for shoppers, but mostly for the retail workers. I think I'll wait a few more days and then try to hit the stores. It really doesn't matter though. I'm sure all of the department stores and malls will be busy up until the holiday. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Holiday Bliss.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I hate crowded retail stores, especially around the holidays. So that's why I've done some of my Christmas shopping already and will do the rest of it online, at home, in my jammies.

Woo-hoo! THAT'S THE PLAN!!!

8:12 PM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green,
that's a good idea. I guess I'm still old fashioned. I will consider it though especially if I get too stressed with all the "happy shoppers" out there.

8:21 PM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home