Monday, December 19, 2005

Idle chatter

Another day passes as the year draws closer to an end. Just 12 more days to the New Year. While I was at work today, my mind was drifting back in time. I tend to daydream often while working sometimes depending on what I'm doing at the time. If I'm wrapping meat, it's pretty easy to daydream because of the repetition. I can almost do it with my eyes closed and today we had the unexpected pleasure of music to work by so it was a "walk down memory lane" kind of day. Most of the songs were in the holiday spirit and sang by artists such as: Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston, Toni Braxton,and The Temptations while other songs outside of the holiday mood were sang by Frankie Beverly, Rick James, Prince and many other artists from back in the day. I love hearing music like that because it takes me back to fond memories when I was younger and my parents were still living and times were so much simplier and everything seemed to always work out so easily.

As I was working and listening to the music today I started thinking about the many songs I've heard played on the radio that happen to have my name in it. As I'm typing this post I've also realized that I've never revealed my true name on here. I'm not hiding it though because if you've ever looked on my profile, my yahoo ID is listed and if you look on that particular ID, it will take you to my yahoo 360 page where my name is listed as clear as day. So anyway, as I was saying... I have noticed that there are pretty many songs with my name in some form or another, included in the lyrics. My name is MaryAnne by the way. Here are just a few songs I've come across recently:

  • More than a feeling (BOSTON)
  • Wind cries Mary (JIMMIE HENDRIX)
  • Proud Mary (IKE & TINA TURNER)
  • All of my Love (LED ZEPPELIN)
  • Mary, Mary Why U Buggin' (RUN DMC)
  • MaryAnne, MaryAnne out on the seashore siftin' sand (NO IDEA WHO DID THIS SONG)
  • Maryjane (RICK JAMES)

I'm sure there are more songs with my name out there but those are what come to mind right now. I guess that since my name is fairly common it's easy to use in a song. Have you ever heard your name in a song? I enjoy all of those songs too well, with the exception of "MaryAnne by the seashore." The story behind that particular song.....I have an uncle who would always say to me, "MaryAnne, you been out on the seashore siftin' sand?" without fail. Everytime I would see him, that would be the first thing he'd say to me--after saying hello, of course. To this day, he still does that. It's just one of those habits that's hard to break I suppose.

It's past my bedtime and I'm sure you all can tell that I'm pretty well out of it being that I'm posting about names in songs. I just felt like writing to relax and unwind. It helps to clear my head before going to bed. I seem to rest better as a result. MMMMMMMMMMMM the heat just came on and my cozy comforters are calling me....and the clock on the wall says 10:30. Definately snooze time. Toodles!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

It's nice how music helps the work day go by faster. I love that. about my job. I can still work while the radio's blastin'....

6:14 PM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I love music and I feel that it helps make work more productive. Music puts me in a happy mood even if the work day is long and chaotic.

6:42 AM, December 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home