Sunday, December 11, 2005

Ms. busy, that be me.....

It's been a busy week here for me. I've made the most of every day so far.... Of course there's never enough hours in the day--you know how that goes, but everything's falling into place so it's all good! Let's see, where to begin.....

Well, for starters, I've been putting up my Christmas decorations inside the house. I'm running alittle late this year. Normally I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving. Last year I didn't put up any decorations because there was a string of robberies that had happened the year before. It was pretty bad. Many people were waking up and finding that all of their outside decorations had been stolen...even the lights. I do have some things for the outside but since I'm so late putting everything up in the house, I think I'll pass again this year. I have my tree up and inside my livingroom windows, I have a fiber optic angel with beautiful illuminating colors and a lighted candelabra next to her in one window and in the other window, I have an animated Santa & Mrs. Claus standing with a lighted post in between them. Santa has a candle in his hand which he waves back and forth and Mrs. Claus has gifts in her arms as she sways to and fro. They stand about 2ft so I raised up my mini blinds and created a backdrop with colorful holly decorated wrapping paper behind them. This way, no one can see into my house and it adds to the decor. I also have some pine cones and alittle white garland for a snowy effect.
In my livingroom, I have so many Christmas bears and wall hangings and I have two art glass windows each decorated with a nutcracker in the center. Just about everywhere you look it's Christmas! I normally put an electric lit candle in every window of the house. So far, I only have candles in a couple rooms. My Christmas tree is in the center room which I use to use as my diningroom but now it's the computer room. I love my tree. It's pre-lit and it rotates......well it used to but as the years went by, it quit working right. It would rotate but the lights would go off when it did so I just don't switch it on anymore. I'd rather see the lights and pretty ornaments and lighted angels. I've also got a little lighted village under the tree with pine cones sprawled about. The nativity scene is in the front center and for an added bonus I have a Santa Claus train on a track layed completely around the tree. I started to take some pictures this morning but my battery in my digital camera needed to be charged.
As you can probably tell, I love Christmas and frankly I seriously have way too many decorations!! My "Christmas closet" still has things in it that I don't think will get put up this year. The only thing I have left to do is my kitchen area and table and then it will be complete!

Some other things I've been doing.......

Well, I've been out and about with all the impatient " holiday shoppers " and believe me when I tell you--People can really be mean when it comes to their gift buying. I just try to stay out of their way and enjoy my little shopping. Thank goodness I got most of my gift buying done. I am extremely late sending out my Christmas cards this year as well. As of today, I have about 30 cards ready to mail. The list just keeps on growing every year and this doesn't include my co-workers. Hopefully I'll get them in the mail by tomorrow.....hopefully.

Of couse I've been doing these little activities in between working. Lucky for me, we haven't been very busy since most people are shopping for Christmas gifts right now but......starting Monday, that will all change. All of the grocery stores will be chaotic with customers buying food for their Christmas dinners. Am I ready for this......NEVER. All I can do is the best I can to help them find what they need and make sure that everything is ready for them to purchase--and I will do that. I'll also be hoping that the next 14 days go by fast because then I'll be on my last vacation of the year! Yep, I'm on vacation the last week of the year! And then the New Year starts.....and I'm into the last few days of the Countdown:

~3 more days!!!!~
This is gonna be sooooooooooooooooo good! I've made sure not to listen to any U2 songs so I'm really ready for the concert! Well, gotta go to work. Be well all.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Wow, sounds like you've really got the decorations going. Good for you.

Here in my apatrment I only have a small ceramic tree that lights up and a small manger scene. No room in such a small place for a real Christmas tree, which I miss having. If ever I have another house I'll really do the works for decorating...

7:41 PM, December 11, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green,

It's good to hear from ya! I've always enjoyed putting up the decorations....taking them down however is entirely a different story. YUK -lol

My house isn't very large which makes for pretty close quarters with all the decorations. I couldn't help it though. I'm a fanatic!!!! LMAO

9:35 PM, December 11, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

OK, don't keep us in suspense any longer. How was the concert?

5:28 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Sorry green. I've been runnin' my butt off lately but finally...without further adieu, I have a post!! LOL

9:33 PM, December 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home