Saturday, December 03, 2005

Groomer update

Okay, I'm pretty tired right now so forgive me if I have any typos. I'm too lazy for spell check. I just wanted to update you on what happened when I called the manager at the groomer.

I made the phone call yesterday around 3:45pm. The manager was named Nicole and I must say that she was quite apologetic. Before I even started to tell her about what had occured, she started telling the story to me--as if she had already been informed. I'm assuming that the other 2 workers who witnessed the whole ordeal told her all about it. I'm also wondering if the man who was in line in front of me, (with the alaskan malamute) complained as well.

At any rate, Nicole said that there was no need for the employee to have such a nasty attitude and that she would be reprimanded for her actions. I made it clear to Nicole that it was not my intention to suggest that the girl be fired. I just wanted to make sure that the young girl learns how to deal with the public better or in a more professional way.

I did ask why the groomers bathed Rusty if he wouldn't let them groom him. Her answer was that they always bathe the dogs prior to the groom because it makes it easier for the groomer to cut the hair when it's wet. They were able to wash Rusty without incident and clip his toenails and trim his face but that was all he would allow them to do. So, that explains the price I was charged. That seemed fair enough. She also explained to me that when dogs get as old as Rusty that they tend to get much more nervous and when they get real nervous it is very stressful for them. Of course I realize this but I didn't know that he was reacting in this manner while at the groomer. The last thing I want is for Rusty to become ill or pass away from getting too stressed from being groomed. Nicole also suggested something that I was thinking of already.....asking my vet if they could trim him every so often. You see, with him being a poodle and having curly hair, it tends to get very matted and hard to comb. Rusty seems to be comfortable with the vet so hopefully this will be an option. If not, well.....he'll just be looking like a little fur ball. lol It's okay, I still love him.

I'll admit that initially when I made the call to Nicole, I had every intention to never do business with them again. I'm so glad I called and had a positive conversation with the manager. I will continue to bring Tutti in for grooming. I love happy endings.....

.....And the Countdown is at
~11 Days and counting ~

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Glad your confrontation with the owner wasn't very confrontational...

11:03 PM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I know a guy what knows a guy who once met a guy that can make obnoxious pet groomers disappear for a reasonable price.

2:43 PM, December 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home