Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Grass is always Greener......

after the first time you mow it....well, not always. I finally mowed my lawn for the first time this year just a few days ago. It has some brown spots but eventually, it will turn a pretty even green. (I hope) As I was mowing, I caught a glimpse of a guy down the block who happened to be mowing a lawn too. I don't believe he lives at the house where he was mowing but the most important thing is that he fit my ad(remember, the one for Hot Hunk needed) perfectly. He looked young, (late twenties to early thirties) was wearing no shirt, and had on some faded bluejeans. --your average Hunk of the mill.....I enjoyed staring at him. ALOT! LOL

Anyway, most of my daffadills and tulips have bloomed. They're beautifully "Perky." My pompass grass is still brown. UGH.... I'm hoping that I didn't damage it or worse yet, kill it since I had to cut it down earlier than I'd planned in order to comply with that silly bogus citation that wasn't even meant for me. I'll have to wait and see what happens with it. If it doesn't start coming back green by next month, I'll know. I also have a mimosa tree that had to be cut down however; a friend cut it down last fall for me and I think he butchered it too far so that's another worry. At the time, the decision was made to cut it down because it was starting to block my satellite dish and mess up the tv and that's not a good thing so, it had to come down.

As for my rosebushes......well, they're not looking as healthy as they normally do at this time of year either. I'm assuming that my gardening woes aren't all together my fault. Some of the problems are due to the very odd weather we've been experiencing over the past six months. I guess I just need to get out there and work on things. I was planning on doing that this afternoon when I came home from work but it looks like rain so I'll have to do it another day.

I do have some good news for those of you waiting to hear something positive! ( dabich & green)

I spoke on the phone with the young man who ran into my truck and we met one day last week and I showed him the estimate for the damage done to my truck. Frankly, it was quite expensive. Originally the estimate total was $834.66. YIKES!!--that's how the poor guy looked when I showed it to him. His eyes got as big as halfdollars. As we went over the itemized listings, I told him that we could just round off the total figure to $800.00. I also showed him the cost of the labor which was $259.20. I suggested that we round that figure up to $300.00 and just take that completely off the estimate. The total is now at $500.00. He seemed to be agreeable to paying that amount although he seemed as though he would've attempted to pay the higher price, but I knew it would have been a hard struggle for him to come up with that amount. Especially since he's going to school and only working part-time at a pizza joint. I do have a heart ya know...

He and I met yesterday and he made his first payment of $200.00 in cash. I wrote him out a reciept for his records as well as one for myself and we've made arrangements to meet in a few weeks for the next payment of $150.00. He seems like a genuine young man with a good head on his shoulders. At first I felt bad for having to make him pay for the damage but then again I thought, the best lessons learned are hard lessons. I feel that this will only make him a better man as time goes on in his life. I'm hoping that once I get the rest of the money for the damage done to my truck, I'll be able to go ahead and get it fixed--that is unless those "unexpected expenses" arise as they always seem to do...

Outside of that, I've been pretty much the merry little worker bee with the Easter holiday coming up this Sunday. I've been working some long hours and coming home passing out for a few hours and then waking up for a couple hours only to go right back to slumberville until the next day begins. My laundry and household chores have been put on hold with the exception of this afternoon. I had to fold some clothes from days gone by. Of course they're all wrinkled now but at least they're clean! Ohhhhhhhhhhh, come on Sundayyyyyyyyyyyyy!! A whole day off! AHHHHHHH!!!!

Random thought:
What to cook for Easter dinner.....
Hmmmmmmmm
Well, there's Ham,
and there's Lamb,
there's turkey breast,
some say brisket's best,

BUT.......

By the time Saturday rolls around,
I'll have been around these items so
much at work that I'll never want to
see them again, at least not for awhile.

Any suggestions???

14 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Wow! I'm glad to hear that the young guy that hit your truck has actually come thru for you. That's great! I'm glad there are some responsible people left in the world. And you're too kind to give him such a break. I just hope it doesn't come back to bite you.
Easter dinner, well, I'm a traditionalist there. it's gotta be Ham for DaBich! I usually go with my own macaroni salad and baked beans...sometimes add sweet potatoes. Oh and pickeled eggs! They're in the refrigerator now pickling lol

4:44 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabs,
I too was quite surprised at how responsible this young man seems to be. It's nice for a change. If there's gonna be any biting going on, please...PA-LEESE stay away from the feet!! They're sore from the long hours of work. LOL

As for Easter dinner, I'm pretty much a traditionalist as well. It's just hard to want ham after slicing, and wrapping and decorating so many the week prior to the holiday. I do love me some candied yams though. Damn, I'm getting hungry now. :)

6:54 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

LOL I hear ya, Zep. We do the ham up with pineapples and What's that spice you stick in it? LOL and cherries. YUMMY. Do you invite anyone over?

9:29 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Cloves! That's it lol (Can ya tell I suffer from CRS??)

11:19 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Yea, I like to decorate & glaze the ham too but, I'm not big into the cloves. LOL Sometimes I have company but most times not although I can't seem to cook less when there's no one coming over. It's like I have a mental block or sum'n.

One time I had a friend over for a holiday celebration and he said, " Dayum gurl, you've got enough food here to feed Coxy's Army!"(did I spell Cock-see right?) hee hee hee

Some of the menu from that holiday, you ask?:

Turkey w/cornbread dressing
Ham(glazed & decked out of course)
Prime rib w/au jus
candied yams
mac-n-cheese
greenbeans w/potatoes
...and I forget what else.

For dessert: (as if we'd have room for that)

Pumpkin, Peach, & Cherry Pies

So, guess I went just a tad bit overboard, huh? Ehh, whatever....LMAO

8:54 PM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Hell, I make too much food too, but it's all good. Part of the holiday thing :)

6:01 AM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

pizza or hot dog & beverage of choice.

some Easter meal, eh?

6:38 PM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Green~ no way! Say it isn't true!

8:53 PM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I'm with you dabich. We need to send green a care package for Easter. LOL

11:17 PM, April 13, 2006  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Again, I'll trade with ya, green! I am trying to avoid an Easter dinner prepared by millionaires because I'd prefer not to be in their company.


I guess the ass is really is greener on the other cheek LOL

9:40 AM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

no it's not. I was suggesting this as an alternative for zep, since she's workin' with the meat all day long... ;>>

We're going to the folks house tomorow for dinner. I'm not sure what's on the menu.

8:20 PM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

scribe,
Sorry to hear your Easter holiday dinner plans aren't very appetizing. Perhaps you could play hooky or make yourself scarce...sorry not much help here, am I...


green,
Thanks for the suggestion but I'll have to pass. I always b**ch & moan about holiday dinners. In the end I wind up partaking in the feast though. LOL

9:58 PM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

Happy Easter, zep.

11:38 PM, April 15, 2006  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I made myself scarce and it made no difference.

9:35 AM, April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home