Saturday, March 25, 2006

DON'T CHA JUST HATE IT??!! ~ RANDOM RANTS....

Have you ever been over a friends' house to visit and watch a little television? Sure you have, nothing wrong with that. A show or movie is agreed upon and being viewed but, don't cha just hate it when your friend decides to either pause it or changes the channel to see what's happening on another show while you're right in the middle of watching it? I mean come on. You're all into the movie by now, sitting all comfy-like enjoying the moment, perhaps in suspense and waiting for the next scene and all of sudden, without warning, it's like....CLICK!!! WHY DO THEY DO THAT??!! DAYUM! I suppose if you're pretty close friends, (like family almost) they don't even give it a second thought that it borderlines being rude to their guest. What do you think? Maybe....probably, right? Or does this action even bother you at all? I guess it is their house, and their television, and their remote control, right? BUT YOU'RE THE GUEST!! (if that matters at all) Then again, this may be one of those "gray areas" among some friends. Who knows......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about conducting business over the phone? Everyone has to do this at some point or another, right? When you're speaking to someone on the telephone, possibly a professional of some sort, you try to be as clear, concise, and intelligible as possible. Regardless of whom it may be on the phone you're speaking with, (ie: doctor, lawyer, banker, creditor--made my eyes roll with that one) you want to conduct yourself with the utmost astuteness. It's necessary, I feel, in order to make things happen in a "positive light" or to be well recieved and therefore gain access to whatever it is you're seeking concerning your particular business affair. But, don't cha just hate it when the individual on the line with you isn't all that professional?....or even worse, if they seem to be (what I often refer to as) DRUNK WITH POWER?! --meaning arrogant and sharp tongued and also quick to cut you off, and asking repeated questions over and over as if they're not listening to what you're saying at all...



WELL EXCUUUUSSSSEEE MEEEE!!!!!
When you're discussing an important issue, business venture, bill payment, or discrepency of some sort, or even if you're just calling to find out some pertinent information of some kind, (just a simple question maybe) you want the person you're dealing with on the phone to be attentive and lucid. At least, I know I do......
--------------------------------------------------------------
I'm always happy to hear of a person's good fortune. Honestly, I really am. People deserve to have a little good luck in their lives. Heck, if I had it my way, there wouldn't be any bad luck at all....ever. Ok, maybe that's a little illogical. I realize that without misfortune, we'd never appreciate the good things we have. silly me....But don't cha just hate it when some people make it their main objective or "life plan" to talk about how great their life is--ALL THE TIME!! It seems there's never a dull moment in their lives and they're always on top of every situation. *BIG YAWN HERE* They never have any bad luck and they have sooooo much money or are getting ready to come into a wealth of "ultimate savings" of some kind. They've traveled the world, TWICE and all of their children are millionaires with chateaus in France or homes worth much more than the going market value in their neighborhood. Typically, these people always have it better than most--so they say.....Well I say, ENOUGH ALREADY!! Stop bragging and living in a dream. Can you hear me way up there on that golden pedestal??? I mean, it's fine to dream and dream big but, what is the satisfaction gained with snubbing others and making those around you feel so small or even worthless? Wrong or right here?? Geez.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
How many of you have ever dabbled in home repair? I know I've had my fair share and frankly, it can be quite annoying. In the beginning it's not so bad because you have a plan and your mind is focused on the end result of your work. You've assessed the situation, or so you think and you're ready to begin. But.....don't cha just hate it when you get half-way involved in the project only to find that it leads to yet.....another project and there's no way around it because if you don't fix the problem you've just found out about, you'll never be able to fix the original problem. I hate it when this happens because now the repair that you've started on has taken on a "tree-like" form with many branches and it keeps on growing as the hours pass by. Before you know it, days go by and now you're in need of a multitude of repairs. Some that definitely need a professional and some that you can attempt to fix but really haven't the foggiest clue about so you now wish that you'd never even started this so-called project in the first place. GRRRRRRRR..........
--------------------------------------------------------------
And then of course, if you get to the point above, you may as well start making those calls to shop around for an affordable professional to fix your "Project Tree" that has grown ever so nicely now--know what I mean?.....Of course you do. Now, after you find a reputable business with affordable rates, the work is finally done. Your bill is calculated and it's time for you to make your payment. Only one problem though.....Don't cha just hate it when you're billed for services rendered but the work that's been done is not to your specifications or is unsatisfactory? I mean WTF???? If you pay to have some work done because you can't do it yourself, you should at least be able to get it done right. Sounds fair to me--after all....They're supposed to be professionals, right???
--------------------------------------------------------------
Do I sound a bit bitchy to you?
I'm sure I do.
Is it that time of the month?
Hell no, thank God!!
Am I a bit stressed out?
Yes, just a tad......
Will I be okay?
Sure, I just need some rest.
Sometimes you've just gotta vent, ya know? I'm starting to feel better already and I'm sure that after I get a full nights sleep, I'll feel less tense by tomorrow morning. I hate being crabby but we all have our days and mine is today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, if not, I PITY THE POOR SOULS IN MY PRESENCE!! AAARGH......just kidding.....
Random Quote:
"Mary Mary quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells & cockel shells
And one F**KING PETUNIA!" ~ *DOH*

5 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

LOL, I hear ya on all of those rants, lady. Especially the one whose life is perfect...like...major BS...gimme to wading boots. LOL
One f*cking petunia LMAO! Love it!

4:51 AM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

first rant: I'll only change the channel if there's a sporting event on that I need scoring updates on esp. during baseball season....
second rant: conducting business over the phone, you'd think most people on the other line would be professional but the goodly majority are not. Now having been a creditor/collection agency person calling someone, I can honestly say I took the approach to my victims, er customers that I'd treat them like I want to be treated. Only occasionally did a customer get me riled up enough that I lost my cool...
third rant: people who rub their good fortune in other peoples faces need a dope slap. Either that or someone needs to look in their skeleton closet. Dabich, lemme borrow 'dem boots, 'k?
Wish my life were perfect.... maybe one of these days (but it's not today or anytime in the forseeable future...)
fourth rant: home repairs are bad. Especially when they become fully blossoming trees. When ex and I owned a house we had many of those trees growing esp because one of her hobbies was redecorating/ moving stuff, etc. {[sigh]}

Hope you get that sleep you need, zep. Feel better! (at least you're still breathing - count your blessings where you can...)

5:26 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Green~ I have a extra pair for ya... lol

4:33 AM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,
LOL...I've pulled out that petunia, thrown away those boots, and grabbed my headphones 'cause I DEFINITELY AIN'T GOT TIME TO HEAR THEIR BS ANYMORE!!

They can just talk to the hand 'cause I ain't hearin' it...LMAO


green,
Thanks for commenting on all of my little gripes while in quite a crabby mood.
I'm feeling much better today-cooking spaghetti & tilapia fish for din din and don't you worry, I ALWAYS DO count my blessings. *winks*

3:46 PM, March 28, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

constant rain,
No, It's a legitimate gripe. It's called common courtesy. Unfortunately, many people do not have those two words in their vocabulary.

Here's an idea for ya!: Perhaps you should call your 2 friends today...I mean being that it is " All Fool's Day!" and play a prank for April Fool's Day humor.(kidding):)

3:37 PM, April 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home