Friday, March 31, 2006

The big ~{{CRUNCH}}~

This evening, while out for a drive with a friend, I stopped at a mailbox just down the street from where I live. Being that the street where the mailbox is located at is somewhat of a busy thoroughfare, I decided to pull up onto the parking lot where the box sits just off the sidewalk but in front of the parking lot. The parking lot is like a mini-plaza with a grocery store, discount cigarette shop, law office, and a pizza joint.

I got out of my truck and put the piece of mail in the box and then returned to my truck. As I'm talking with my friend, He interupts me with a loud scream of words and frankly, I couldn't make heads or tails of what he was trying to say. He was hysterical!. Finally, I made out the last 4 words and they were: "He's gonna hit you!!!!!!"

Well, by the time I was starting to react and put my truck in gear to pull forward and out of the way of the person backing up, it was too late. I only had time to put my truck in drive and all of a sudden.....**CRUNCH**!!! Accident...... The impact from the other vehicle made both he and I lunge forward. I turned my head looking through the window behind the passenger side and noticed a young man in a Ford Explorer pulling back into the parking space he'd just backed out of. He immediately got out of his vehicle and so did we. We walked around to the back of the truck to see the damage and it wasn't pretty. Of course, I left my cell phone at home...*DUH* but honestly, I didn't really feel like calling the police because then we'd of been there for an hour or two what with all that paperwork and such.

Apparently, the young man worked at the pizza joint and was on his way to deliver some pizzas. You know how those pizza delivery guys drive, right? The poor kid seemed very nervous. It was probably his first time hitting someone. After I looked at my vehicle, I talked it over with the young man and we decided that I'd take down all of his insurance information and his name and information on his vehicle. I told him that come Monday, I'd bring my truck to a body shop to get an estimate of the damage. He gave me his cellphone number as well as his home phone number. Honestly, I really felt sorry for the kid. He seemed genuinely sorry. I told him that he could also choose a place for me to go to for an estimate and then that way, we could come up with the best deal.

I'm such a softy. I started to tell him to just forget it but then I thought to myself, "How will this young kid ever learn responsiblity if I let him off the hook?" I'm sure he isn't making much money at the pizza parlor but at least he's working. Perhaps this accident will make him pay closer attention when he's driving on the road or backing up out of a parking space. ( I hope)

Anyway, on the upside, today was a beautiful day weatherwise here in St. Louis. Sunny skies and 85 degrees. It was extremely windy but it sure was nice to see those blue skies and feel that warm temperature. I guess I'll be draggin' out the ole' lawnmower soon. Or better yet, maybe I should put an ad in the newspaper:' Hot Hunk wearing ripped jeans and NO shirt needed for yard work duties. All applicants must be at least 25 years of age and available anytime....' Everybody's gotta have a fantasy. LOL Happy Spring all!


*Just a Reminder*

Tomorrow is the 1st day of April also known as April Fools Day. (all fools' Day) It's also the day I have to remember to set all of my clocks forward.(and I have man-ee, many, so very many) Otherwise, I'll be the fool who's running an hour late to work. I've got my batteries so I'm ready!








11 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I've been in both ends of accidents like that before. Not fun. Reminds me of a few of my accident stories. Sounds like a post for another day...

Glad you and everyone else involved were not injured.

9:04 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green,
You're right, absolutely no fun here. I'm just glad it was a bump & we weren't moving in traffic when it happened. And like you said, no one was injured, thank goodness...

Thanks for stoppin' by. It's always good to hear from ya!

10:47 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Uh-oh Zep. You may be in for a surprise when you talk to his insurance people. If it's the same there as in PA, parking lots aren't covered by regular rules. Your insurance just may hold you liable! Good luck and let us know how things come out.
I'm very glad no one was hurt!

6:04 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Would you be willing to sign my "kill all children" petition? I only need 500,000 more signatures.

2:22 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabs,
Thanks & I will keep you updated as things progress. So far, I've gotten an estimate. It's alittle high but I will be meeting with the young man to discuss it with him....


constant,
I hope things work out good too, for both he and I.
Oh, so ya like that ad, huh? LMAO


scribe,
Sweetie, no offense but I only sign my paycheck, sorry...sounds like you better hit the pavement to reach that quota. *winks* LOL

6:02 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

you mean no autographs????

10:39 PM, April 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green, It's highly unlikely, but if I ever DO become famous, I'd be more than thrilled to sign some autographs.(that is if anyone would care to have one) *grins*

8:28 AM, April 05, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Hey Zep, update us on the truck, and it's time for a new post! :P
lol

7:03 AM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

and while you are dreaming up a new post, howzabout your impressions of the NEW Busch Stadium? You know, see a game there and let us know how the experience was in comparison to other events you've seen at the OLD Busch Stadium.

6:43 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,
Your update is included in my new post. :)

6:14 PM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green,
Shamefully, I haven't had the chance to see the new stadium as yet. The way things are going, my only chance is to either win some tickets or recieve a wonderful phone call from a "dear friend" with an extra ticket. I DO need to just go downtown and take a peak at the new stadium in all it's glory.... *sigh*

6:40 PM, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home