Wednesday, April 26, 2006

10 of Life's Simplest Pleasures according to moi (Zepplinlady)

There's a first time for everything and now I'm experiencing my first time being tagged. I'm probably alittle late in my response but I've been somewhat busy lately and have fallen way behind on my travel through the blogesphere but, better late than never, right? So without further adieu, here is my list 10 of life's simplest pleasures......


1. Music - I had to list this first because I have a deep infatuation with it. I was raised around music and I simply can't live without it. Music (in all forms) is one of the best ways for the whole world to communicate with one another.
2. Springtime mornings - My favorite mornings are in the spring season right before the dawn, when you can hear the birds chirping and rustling sounds in the grass from rabbits and raccoons scampering about. I love the sounds of nature and waking up to it is even better.
3. Rainy nights - I enjoy listening to the soft falling rain outside my window in the evening or at night while I'm relaxing. It brings in a nice cool breeze and the smell of clean air. It makes for a good time for me to collect my thoughts and organize my mind.
4. Long walks in the park - I love nature and there's nothing better than picking a nice park to view the beautiful trees and plants while at the same time doing something healthy for me. It's a real spirit "pick-me-up."
5. Fishing - For me, fishing is theruputic. It relaxes me. I'm no Bill Dance but I do enjoy the sport. My favorite way to fish is with a bobber or tightline. My favorite type of fishing is for catfish, bluegill, crappie, and perch.
6. Reading - Oddly enough, I was never an avid reader when I was younger. Now, it's truly enjoyable to me. I like to cuddle up on the couch with a good book or magazine and of course there's always the wonderfully insightful blogesphere.
7. Tuesday and Saturday evenings - I look forward to these days because they are the only two evenings that I know I can stay up late and sleep in the next day. Even though I have to work on Wednesday and Sunday, atleast I don't have to get up at that ungodly 3am hour.
8. Vacations - I love it when vacation time rolls around for me. The fact of knowing that I'll be off from work for a week or two is a good feeling for me. It's an added bonus if I am able to go somewhere during that time but not a necessity.
9. Spending time with friends and family - Although I don't get to do this very often, it's always nice to get together sometimes when time permits.
10. Home - Even though I gripe and moan about doing household chores and yardwork, there's no place like home. I love my house and I hope that I can continue to maintain an income to pay it off one day. It's a nice feeling to come home everyday to a place I can call my own.
And there you have it.
My simple pleasures in life.
Also, I'm assuming that many of you have already been tagged so I guess I won't tag any of you. Oh, what the heck...... I'll just tag a few for fun so Bluez, K, and whoever hasn't been tagged, U R IT!!
Happy Wednesday all! (Hump Day) - Toodles.....
Random Quote :
“Life's greatest treasures are life's simplest pleasures.”


9 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Fishing...good choice! I love to fish also, and the creek behind my house is a good trout stream.

9:12 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hey girls!
Glad to hear that there are other "lady anglers" out there. I enjoy going fishing to places far from my house just for the peace & quiet from the city, but there are a few parks nearby as well if I don't feel like traveling.

6:16 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

I like to fish, though haven't been in 3 or 4 years. Seems like I catch the biggest fish when I miscast my line. I like to use worms and a bobber and also mussel-meat works well, too.

9:44 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green, is that you hanging upside down like a vampire bat??? LOL I see it's a new pic but I can barely see your face hun....

Thanks for stoppin' in & checking on me. I'm way behind on my blog reading....wayyyyyyy behind. sheesh.

11:46 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Green, you ever use stone nymphs? The work really well.

3:40 AM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Zep? You ok, girl? Just checking on ya...

12:50 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

no stone nymphs. Maybe I have - it's been so long I can't remember.

Yup its a new pic and I am upside down - purposefully - cuz' I'm special...;>)

6:20 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,

Yea, I'm still alive and bitchin' LOL Thanks for checking up on me gurl. ;)


green,

Why is your pic upside down? Just curious.

1:16 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Hey,we ladies gotta stick together!

6:18 AM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home