Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All i wanted was some chicken dammit......

I would start out by saying, "Good evening" but forget that. I'm not in too much of a good mood anymore and here is the reason why.....

Sometimes when you're hungry, you can eat just about anything to satisfy that hunger pain feeling, but every now and again you get cravings for certain foods and it seems that nothing will fulfill that overwhelming feeling of hunger except for whatever it is you're craving. And before anyone says it, no--I'm not pregnant. Anyway, it all started about 2 days ago. I'd thought about making some fried chicken for dinner but each day, i forgot to take a fryer out of the freezer so i kept on putting it off. This evening when i got home from work and realized that i didn't take a chicken out of the freezer and put it in the refridgerator to thaw for dinner, i decided to go to a fastfood drive-thru to order some greasy fried chicken. (yum, that's the ticket) There are a few chicken restaurants in my area so i decided to go to one that serves chicken livers, since this is what i had a taste for.
I haven't been to this particular establishment in quite a long time and was unfamiliar with their menu board setup. When i drove up to the speaker to place my order, i noticed that there was no one behind me which was good 'cause i wanted to take my time and look it over before ordering. As i was reading the menu, i heard a woman's voice over the speaker asking for my order. She didn't sound very happy to be at work, but who is now-a-days?...just take a gander at this and tell me what you would do if this were to happen to you. :


girl on speaker:(with attitude in her voice) "Help you."

me(the customer): "Yes please. I'd like to order a #3 combo with a dietcoke and I'd like"

girl on speaker:(cutting me off sounding mad & speaking louder) " What side you want?"

me(the customer): "mashed potatoes & gravy please."

girl on speaker:(sounding irritated) "You get 2 sides!"

me(the customer): "Oh sorry, I'll take coleslaw as well. I'd also like to order a 2 piece leg & thigh with a biscuit please."

girl on speaker: "What drink ?"

me(the customer): "No drink, just the leg, thigh, & biscuit."

girl on speaker: "What?!"

me(the customer): "Nevermind." ( I drove off.....)



Okay, I don't know about any of you but i for one am sick and tired of bad service from "Attitude Alice" types. First of all, i am the customer and should be treated as such. This person obviously shouldn't be dealing with the public. Second, if she keeps pissing off customers, she'll be out of a job soon. I'm assuming that she doesn't realize that. I don't know what her problem was. She acted as though she was doing me a favor by taking my order or something...
From the very start, she couldn't even speak "civily" to me. What's up with that? I'm sure she gets tired of dealing with the public. It's not an easy task but, it's her job. And here i am,(the dissatisfied customer) having to find something else for dinner 'cause there was no way that i was going to finish placing my order there now. With that type of caliber person working there, there's no telling what they might do to my food. I know what goes on in those places and believe me, I'm surprised i still frequent them. You really have to be careful especially if you can't see them actually make your food.(no joke here) I used to work at fastfood restaurants.....'nuff said.

Anyway, after i left that chicken coop, i decided to try another one in an opposite direction and closer to the rich side of town. Yep, believe it or not, the "richees" like to eat greasy fried chicken too. LOL I think i would have traveled to Venus to satisfy my urge. I finally arrive at the drive-thru and they aren't too busy so i take my place in line. After a couple minutes of waiting, it's my turn to drive up to the speaker & menuboard. Again, I'm not familiar with their menu so i read it as the girl asks for my order over the speaker....


girl on speaker:(very pleasant) "Hello, may i take your order please?"

me(the customer): "Yes please. Do you sell livers here?"

girl on speaker: "No, sorry."

me(the customer): "Okay, that's allright. I'll take a 2 piece leg & thigh combo with a biscuit with mashed potatoes and coleslaw and a diet pepsi please."

girl on speaker: "Will that be all for you this evening?"

me(the customer): "Yes that's all, thanks."

girl on speaker: "Thank you. Please pull around for your total."



Now see, isn't that much better? I'm not asking for the person at the speaker to give me their first born child or take my order while doing a headstand and spinning plates. I simply want to be treated as a human being with respect and dignity. Is that asking too much? Anyway, i feel much better now even though i didn't get my livers, the chicken was very good, (my tummy's happy) and that's good because if i had another episode like the one earlier, i probably would've had to go to the grocery store--of all places--and buy a fresh chicken to fry up myself, which would've sucked considering the fact that i already have several chickens in my freezer. I've got to start cooking up some of this food here and stay away from the fast food joints. Maybe with Fat Tuesday being over with and Lent beginning, i can give up on the fast food and try to cook something healthier.(no promises here) but it's worth a try.


Random memory jolt here:
(2 more songs with my name in the words)

"What it's Like" - Everlast
"Goodbye Stranger" - SuperTramp



8 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

Here's where you and I differ. Unless I was in a huge hurry, I'd have pulled into a parking spot. Then I'd have gone in and asked to speak to a manager. I'd have thrown a royal fit at that point. If they would have offered me free food, I'd then tell them to stuff it LOL. Then I'd leave. If I was busy, I's just have done what you did, but for one thing. I'd have told the girl on the speaker to get the chicken out of her ass before I left. My bad,

Lent is here...what do do, what to do???

9:06 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

LMAO @ stuffing the chicken and telling the girl to pull the bird outta her ace. Too funny...

Actually, I've grown tired of complaining to managment especially when it doesn't do any good + it's a know fact that when a customer complains about their food, they may get lots of "extras" included in their meal being prepared for them. (know what i mean?) *yuk*

As for what to do about Lent...try giving something up--just one thing--and can anyone say Seafood diet??? LOL

10:03 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Yup ... SeeFood diet, see food, eat it LMAO!

9:24 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Ohhhh...I gotcha. So that explains why i haven't been losing any weight. LMAO

3:38 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

LOL...might be the reason.

3:34 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

rude people who deal with the public are not good.

I'd have driven away as well.

Sounds like you were at KFC or some other similar place...

9:03 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green,
Actually it was a Lee's Chicken restaurant. The second stop was at a KFC.
I loathe bad service. It just goes to show that you get what you pay for.(low wages = bad service)

Most of the kids now-a-days just don't give darn. They aren't in these "low paying" positions for the long haul. They also realize that they can go anywhere to make minimum wage so, I guess they figure why worry about taking pride in their job. If they get fired they can just go somewhere else for a while....it's sad.

7:56 AM, March 05, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

constant rain,
Thank You, and thanks for stoppin' by.

5:16 PM, March 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home