Monday, January 02, 2006

For Laughing Outloud.....

Outside of my love for music, I enjoy a good comedy. To be more precise--Stand-up Comedy. I got the chance to see a very funny stand-up comedienne on Comedy Central Friday night at Midnight. Her name is Lisa Lampanelli and she is extremely funny. She's known as " The Queen of Mean" and her routine is primarily regarding the races. And believe me when I tell you....No one is left out. She even jokes about the mentally and physically challenged.

Her point is rather clear. If you can't laugh at yourself then F**k You!--OR-- F**ck You if you can't take a joke!! Life is too short and people in general are funny, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation.....Yes, she had a few tidbits for the gay and lesbian population as well. I mean nobody was safe from her humor. It was all in fun and I laughed so hard I was in tears. I had never even heard of Ms. Lampanelli before and at first glance, you'd never even begin to think that she would produce such "naughty humor" to a jam packed audience.

She is of Italian decent and has a tendency to remind you of a female version of Andrew Dice Clay. In some instances, she even sounded like him only in female tone. She mentioned several times that she had a black boyfriend and made it very clear that she was proud of it. You could tell by the way in which she described.....Ahem well, I don't want to give away the details. You really need to see it for yourself.

Being that she uses an abundance of vulgarity in her routine, you may not be able to catch her in prime time--Late night for sure though. If memory serves me correctly, The name of the show was titled : " Lisa Lampanelli....Take It Like A Man" It's definately a MUST SEE if you're into stand-up and improv.

Well, I wasn't going to post tonight because it's getting late and if I don't get to bed soon I'll be a zombie in the morning however; I knew I'd be too busy tomorrow and would probably forget all about this particular item so....off I go! Nighty-Night.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

ummm, I think something is wrong with the link inside this post. Is the URL for the web page correct? The link works but took me to an error page....

10:58 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green

Try it now. Should work! :)

11:19 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

Yup, it works!!!

11:24 AM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I heard her on a local radio show here-she's hilarious!

2:45 PM, January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home