Sunday, July 17, 2005

....and Today's lesson is???

So, I decided to log into my flickr account to find out why my flickr badge wasn't working properly. While searching the message boards,(and seeing that I'm not the only one having this problem) I came across a message discussing an issue regarding the type of photos people upload to blogs. Apparently, when you post photos on flickr or to your blog, they're supposed to be YOUR OWN photos.

So, in other words; you're not supposed to post pictures from the web that you have not taken yourself....

I didn't know that. I just assumed that you could post any pictures you wanted as long as you explain where they came from.(ie: this photo is courtesy of...)

I guess I was wrong. AGAIN...ha ha ha

Needless to say, I decided to delete the pictures I had posted of Led Zeppelin--->my favorite rock-n-roll band.

Frankly, I don't understand why this can't be done. I mean as long as you don't pretend that the picture is yours, how can that be wrong??

I also had some other pictures posted from a photo site...beautiful pictures, by the way, but I deleted those as well. Hmmmmmmmm, too bad. Lesson learned, I guess.

Anyway, I'm up late tonight since I had a marathon nap. I got home from work and passed out around 3:30 in the afternoon. I didn't wake up until 10:30 tonight. It was around 2:30 pm when I got home from work. Upon walking in my carport, I noticed my neighbors sitting in their backyard,(all men) drinking beer and smoking what looked like either a whole goat or a lamb on a spit over a pit embedded in the ground.

Whatever it was, It smelled great. My neighbors are Bosnian, by the way. They're very nice people, and very clean but, when they party.....THEY PARTY!!! As a matter of fact; they're still outside right now, singing and drinking. hehe Yea, they're having a ball. They use my carport for parking which is okay with me 'cause I normally park in my garage anyway.

I notice that they never wear shoes when entering their home. I often wondered if this is a religious belief of some kind or that they just don't want to track any dirt onto the carpet from outside. I also notice that they normally have their screen door propped open in the front of their house. Perhaps this means that all are welcome....

One day I'll have to ask them about it.

Well, I guess I'd better go lay back down since I've only got about 3 more hours before I have to get ready for work. Nightie- nite all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home