Thursday, June 23, 2005

Updates and future commitments

I have some news regarding my smoking habit. Normally i would buy 2-3 cartons of cigarettes every week. Lucky for me, the discount smoke shop usually runs a month long sale on my brand quite frequently. I also get coupons in the mail. Since my last post on June 12th, I've bought one carton. That's eleven days on one carton of cigarettes! A HUGE accomplishment for me. Of course, i have to buy a carton tomorrow. I can't just quit cold turkey. Like i said: ONE STEP AT A TIME... I think i'll be okay though. I have to be. I have many projects going on right now and i have to focus on each one separately and carefully. I seem to have recaptured my motivation once again so, i need to remain on track.

Tommorrow, when i leave work, i'll come home and change clothes, and make my grocery list. I know exactly what i need to buy too. I've got to get some good, healthy food in this house and stop eating out at fastfood restaurants and going out for dinner. That's one way to save some money. When i get home from my grocery trip, I need to gather up all of the "BAD FOOD"(fattening foods) and give it away. My sister will love me for that. She loves free food. I will be eating three meals a day, including a snack after lunch and dinner, if i so desire.

I will get back into my walking routine. Actually, i wanted to walk today but it was so friggin' hot and humid. The air quality was orange. Not a good day to be outside. Monday,(and i know this sounds familiar) i will start going back to the gym. Everyone says they'll start a diet plan or "Lifestyle change" as i like to call it, on a Monday. I am totally serious about this. I'm not just saying it. I mean it. I have a membership and it's high time that i start using it again. The only difference is that this time, i'm going to try to get help from a personal trainer. I'll have to look into the cost factor but, if i can afford it i'm going for it. I need to be pushed to the limit. Like i said, i have the motivation and determination. I just need a little giddy up. Someone to put some fire up under my, well u know what i mean....

I'm going to have to change my sleeping habits. For instance; tonight i'm up late because i had a nap at 4:30 this afternoon. I slept sound until 8:00 this evening. I guess you can say that i'm very well rested. Of course now i'm wide awake. I'll just have to work on it....I'm sure that once i get into a daily routine of eating more healthy foods and working out along with my normal work day and evening, i'll be pretty well spent and go to bed at a decent hour. I realize that change is never easy but i know that once i get started, it'll all fall into place. And right now, i feel pretty good about it. I can only try to do my best, and i will. I know i want it bad enough so, we'll see how bad bad is, right? Anyway, wish me luck. To be continued........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home