Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Right or Wrong......It's your choice

It's kinda funny, really....how you go through life, knowing and learning what is right, and what is wrong. Life is full of choices. You either decide to do the right thing, whether it be something for you or someone else.....Or, you make a poor judgement and suffer the consequences. Right or wrong, It will be a learning experience for all involved. I've been on this earth for 39 years. Granted, I can't include the first 5 but, for 34 years I've made many concious decisions in my life. And they all haven't been good ones. We all have our shortcomings....there was only one perfect being in the world, and they crucified Him.....

And why, you ask, am I babbling on in this way about this particular subject? Well, It's what's on my mind at the present time. I guess you could say that I'm at a crossroads in my life.



I'm either going to do the right thing; or screw up completely and really regret it.



........And It's always the same with me:
I start out with the best of intentions. I step up to the plate, hit the ball and run. Whether or not It's a base hit, line drive, homerun, or whatever....I always seem to lose track or get lost somewhere between the bases and homeplate.
Go figure.
Perhaps if I start out by setting some small goals, keeping it logical or within reason. I know I can do this. I've done it before. It's like riding a bike. You fall off and get back on until you finally balance. And when i start to lose sight of things....well, really, I shouldn't even entertain that idea. I should remain focused.
Concentration is the key.
I am so ready to better my life, my health, my self esteem. I'm feeling that I need to make my mark{in my life} 'Cause I'm not getting any younger.....I can honestly say that I am really dreading my 40th birthday. I really am. And before anyone starts telling me how wonderful my life is going to be at that age, please allow me to say this:
I realize I can't stay young forever.
I also know that turning 40 is not the end of the world
And deep down inside, in my heart of hearts,
I know that I don't look that bad for my age.
I just feel sooooooooooo old!!
YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
Mentally, I feel like a 23 or 25 year old. I do keep a youthful mind. Which is very theraputic for me. I do however need to work on the physical aspect. I mean, don't get me wrong.....I don't look all that bad but, there's always room for improvement. Which I am in the process of working on.
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker.........
That's right, I am a smoker; of cigarettes of course....(I know what you were thinking I was gonna say) and truth be known, I smoke wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much. I really need to cut down. It's so hard though. But, let's face it. How long do you think I'll be living in good health if I keep on smoking 3 packs a day? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, we all know the answer to that one......
Well, my eyes are telling me that It's time to hit the sack. I can barely keep them open. Yes, I'm pretty tired. Until nextime, See y'all later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home