Sunday, February 19, 2006

....just a few updates

We finally have a winner folks! This lucky person's life has changed forever. Our newest PowerBall jackpot winner is somewhere in Nebraska. I was wondering when someone would finally hit it. I don't know if the jackpot's ever been larger than this but when you're talking about 365 million dollars, that's alot of money. I wonder when they'll come forward to claim it. Even if they choose the cash option, that's still more than enough money for them to live on for the rest of their lives. Must be nice! I'm truly happy for them...I mean sure, I wish it were me but I'm happy for anyone who wins or comes into money especially in our present economy. My only hope is that they actually NEED the money. If they're already livin' large, I hope they do something positive with it like give something back to their community or personal charity or even share it with friends and family. (or me) lol

Outside of working my tail off, I've mainly been spending alot of time with my little yorkie. (my dog, Tutti) She's always been very affectionate and she likes to be the center of attention especially now since her buddy Rusty is no longer with her. She's starting to get used to him not being with us. I've also been spending more time on my Yahoo360Page It's just another corner of my world.

I'm still the queen of procrastination. I mailed a copy of my poem to myself on February 10th and I have the correct forms copied(still need to fill them out) so all I need to do after I fill in the blanks is send in a copy of the poem along with the fee and it shall be done. My poem will be registered at the Library of Congress' copyright office. I'll try to work on this in the next week or so, hopefully....

As for the weather here in St. Louis Mo., I'll have to retract my last statement I made in my prior post: "So much for wintertime." Yesterday I walked outside from my nice cozy warm house, and into the frigid temperature of only 7 degrees!! Yes, I was a cold little monkey and really not even dressed properly for it. Luckily, we didn't get any snow or freezing rain but that wind was whippin' like crazy. February is making up for all the "spring-like" weather we've been having for the past couple months. This is definately not my favorite time of year. Bring on the spring and fun in the sun! There's only one good thing about this weather, it makes going to work all the more easier -- which is what I've got to do now. Hope you all have a happy Sunday and a very productive upcoming week!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I agree with you in that I hope the Nebraska person who won needs the money. Even if they do, there's enough there that they should be able to do some worthwhile things with it.

What a difference a week makes. Last Sunday I drove to church in white-out blizzard like conditions and today was almost perfect clear blue sky with little puffy cotton ball clouds. But the wind was cold and a howlin'

11:04 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

The temperature here is bouncing up & down like a pogo stick. Funny thing is that everyone's yelling and complaining about it blaming the meteorologists as if they have any control over the type of weather we recieve.(I'm not referring to you green) The weather forcasters get alot of flack here in St. Louis.

When I heard that the powerball winner was from Nebraska, I got kinda nervous...My ex-hubby has family in Loop City Nebraska..hee hee

8:35 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Hi, I saw you on Green's site and thought I'd check you out. I see you write some poetry. I do too, but none lately. Good luck on publishing :)
So sorry to read about Rusty. I have two bassett hounds, one 11 and one 14. Don't know how long they'll be around but I know I'll miss them when they're gone. Dogs are such loyal and unconditional buddies.

6:25 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,

Hi & thanks for stopping by. I'm by no means a professional poet but I do enjoy reading it, and if the mood hits me, I write alittle.

I agree with you. Animals are very loyal & many times pets are just like family members. You become so attached to them...and when you're with them for many years, it makes it all the more harder to accept their passing. I'd love to see some pictures of your 2 dogs sometime. I bet they're adorable. *smiles*

I'll make it a point to visit your site soon!

5:59 AM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Feel free to stop by anytime, make yourself at home :)

6:37 AM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home