Monday, January 16, 2006

Better Days......

{BACKGROUND NOISE} ~ SMOOTH JAZZY INSTRUMENTALS ~


I can honestly say that all is well in my world right now. Since my last post, my aunt has been released from the hospital and doing extremely well. Her doctor has made certain that she understands how important it is for her to continue taking her medicine everyday. I called her last evening to check on her and she made it clear to me that she understands and intends on never missing another dose. I was very happy to hear that. She has a follow-up appointment with her doctor in 2 weeks. I'm glad to hear that her doctor is going to see her and make sure she's doing allright. Before i called her, i was working on a poem that i'd started writing earlier this month but never had time to finish. As i was writing this particular poem, she was on my mind so when i finished writing it, i decided to call her.

During the course of our conversation, i asked her if she'd like me to read it to her. Her answer of course was yes...What aunt wouldn't want to hear a poem written by her niece, right? I began reading my poem to her and as i read it i could tell by her responses ( sighs & gasps) that she was really enjoying what she was hearing. After i finished reading the poem to her, she could hardly compose her emotions and praise. She really liked it --which meant a great deal to me considering that she's a retired school teacher. I'd like to post it on here but first, i'm going to look into getting it copywrited. I often write little ditties and poems but this one seems alittle different to me. I'm not quite sure why, it just is. I'm far from being an accomplished poet nor have i ever taken any courses in poetry outside of what was taught to me in my highschool days but this particular poem has deep feeling and meaning to me and i'd hate to lose it so i want to protect it. I've never had any experience in copywriting but when i do finally do what's necessary to protect my work, i'll post it for public view.

In the past, i've also mentioned that i was dabbling in writing a book. I really haven't been doing too much with it lately. I still intend on continuing with it when i get some fresh ideas and time.....yea time lol ( I know ....procrastination is a mofo) The book did start out pretty good so it's very likely that i'll get back into it. (Let's hope)

As for today, it was okay...long but productive--which is fine with me. When i have a dull day from start to finish, i feel so empty and the day seems wasted but when i have a day filled with activity and things to keep me busy, i feel a sense of accomplishment and that's a good thing as far as i'm concerned....And tomorrow's looking like another positive day so far so it's all good. This is more like it! The puzzles pieces all seem to be fitting in place perfectly. I know that everyday can't be good but i sure enjoy better days. And on what better day to have positivity, huh?.....Today is the observance of the Martin Luther King Day holiday. A day of celebration for freedom and equality for all. Here's to keeping the dream alive! Here's to Dr. King!

10 Comments:

Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

>>Today is the observance of the Martin Luther King Day holiday. A day of celebration for freedom and equality for all<<

Tell my girlfriend that. She sees it as a political move meant to appease "the blacks."

5:50 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

zepplin: glad to hear your aunt is doing well and has learned her lesson about the medication.
Glad to know that your world is moving along well right now. No more cold, eh?

I, too like days full of activity. They fly by and before you know it, it's time to go home...

scribe: your gf is a moron. But you told us as much about her.

6:21 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

scribe,

Damn, I feel for you. I don't know your lady, so I won't go off but...It's really a shame that "some people" in general are so uneducated or maybe I should say misinformed on many MANY parts of "our"(blacks) history.

Have you ever tried role reversal with her? Perhaps if she were asked how she would feel about a man or woman for that matter, who fought for her rights to say..carry her purse, wear her make-up, live her lifestyle?? What about ERA? If it weren't for that she wouldn't even have a job, be able to vote, or post on this blog even.

COME ON PEOPLE....GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!! Martin Luther King Day is a very important day in history for EVERYONE.... *shaking my head in disbelief* -- so sad

BTW--Everyone at my job jokes with me every year saying that I should only get "half" a day off from work since I'm only half black. Yea, my answer to them is that I respect the holiday by working because I CAN....dumba**es



green,

Thanks in regards to my aunt and as for the cold...it's still hanging on but not as bad as before. I still have a stuffy nose but I think that can be from the changing weather here.(really crazy) other than that, I feel pretty good!

My days of activities also include after-work--full days. I like days like that...well, sometimes. Thanks for stoppin' by!

5:58 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

zeppelin,

will you marry me?

3:21 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

*Oh no....the dreaded "M" word.* Ahhh, can i get back to you on that? I think someone's calling me. *PEACE* :))

5:56 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Will you commit acts of sinful lust and keep me company then?

6:12 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Wait, lemme guess. This is all a part of the initiation for "The Church of Scribe", right?
So tell me...how many members have you brought forth to your flock so far?? {{Pastor scribe))

...just curious ;))

10:07 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger DREAMER said...

...glad to hear things are getting better for your aunt.....truly am. And how are YOU doing? Keep in touch....love your smile.

7:16 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger Abreu, Jorge said...

Alright, good for you... I look forward to hearing that poem...

12:07 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dreamer,

I'm gonna answer your email, I promise!! Thanks for the kind words..you're very sweet.


Mr. curious 1,

I really hope to get this poem copywrited. I've been busy and am going through a rough time right now but it'll show up on here one day soon, *fo-shizzle*

Thanks for droppin' in - *PEACE*

9:35 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home