Friday, November 04, 2005

Untitled

As teardrops form inside her eyes
And slowly stream down upon her cheeks
She feels the sense of giving up
Life seems to be so incomplete

Gazing back into the past
Rewinding all the years
Lost forever in misspent youth
The future of her fears

And in the present time she seeks
A necessary mending
A time to change the path she travels
Another new beginning

With faith and hope as banisters
She climbs the steps of life
Attempting not to lose her grip
While others jeer in strife

Her concentration must not falter
Regardless of what others may see
To continue on in self-progression
Positive spirit is key

And those judging and wishing misfortune upon her
Should hide their faces in shame
For one day good luck may turn against them
And their lives never be the same

Never wish anyone unhappiness
That's not the thing to do
Even though they kick you when you're down
Showing little regard for you

Rise up, move on and know
that you're doing your best and so
No matter what they say or think
You'll continue on and grow




by: Zepplinlady 11/04/05
Why did I write this poem?
  1. I feel I need some positive re-enforcement in my life. I need to gain strength and motivation and be driven to keep pressing on.
  2. I need to stop worrying about what other people think. They aren't living my life, I am. I need to stop giving them power over me.
  3. I need to regain my self-worth. I have had low self esteem and I need to change that.
  4. I realize (for the first time) that I need to be serious in making a life change for the better.
  5. I'll be a better person from doing this. My health depends upon it. I want to enjoy life after retirement.

And those are the reasons, pure and simple....

6 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Nice poem.

I never had the knack for writing poetry.

Do what you need to do to take care of yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks.

In order to enjoy your retirement years, you must get there first!!

9:13 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

green,

you're absolutely positively correct. Health should always come first.

As for my poem...thanks. I just goof around, not a serious poet, as you can tell...

9:40 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Zepplin,

This poem was amazing. I really needed to hear it actually...just to remind me to take better care of myself 'emotionally'.

Great blog--I saw you through Green's site.

Keep up with the writing!

10:16 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Deb said...

P.S. In your profile, you said that 'asking you what you did for a living was a great conversation piece..."

So? .........Hmmmm..... Should I dare ask? :)

10:18 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hi deb,

Thanks for stoppin' by and glad u enjoyed my poem. Yea, Green's a real sweetie...

As for my conversation piece...okay, here goes a hint: I work with lots of raw meat....hehe

2:47 PM, November 06, 2005  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I'm beginning to think that the majority of people attracted to blogging have reached the same low point in their lives.

4:54 PM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home