Saturday, October 29, 2005

Well here's another fine mess....


Check this out. I recieved this letter in the mail on Friday. Frankly, I'm shocked. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the forrestry division was referring to when they mentioned--growth of vegetation over (7) inches AND/OR the accumulation of debris. I have 8 rosebushes surrounding my house from front to back as well as a rockgarden but, all of the plants are little(with the exception of the rose bushes) and barely visible. I have pompas grass plants along the side of my house--which are rather tall--but come on....that's the way pompas grass is supposed to be. I've had these plants for at least 5 years with no problems. No one has ever complained about it. In fact my neighbors that are right next to the pompas grass plants love them because they serve as a source of privacy and shade.

Also, you'll notice that it states(on the letter) that the violation of Ordinance 59860 cited:
HIGH WEEDS ALONG THE CEMETERY LINE.
Let me break it down for you...
There is a cemetery--actually, there a few in my neighborhood. The particular one in which they(the forrestry division) are referring to, is across the street and behind the houses that face my house across the street. In other words, how in the hell am I along the cemetery line???
Personally, I feel that they have the wrong address. I will be calling that number to find out more about this issue; however I decided to cut down the pompas grass Saturday just in case. I'm really not supposed to cut it down until late Jan. or Feb. but I don't want to be fined so....
I also want to say that I've never had anyone complain on me for anything before. I'm a pretty decent neighbor to live next door to. I wonder who complained about this--if in fact it is not a mistake. I did notice that a police officer has moved on to my block which is good because now there are 2 police officers living on my block. I was just wondering though, if he made this call. Perhaps he doesn't know about pompas grass plants. I shouldn't make assumptions though. I will indeed find out more on this. I assure you of that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

That stinks.

Let us know how your battle with beaurocratic red tape goes...

8:52 AM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Oh, don't worry. I will, that is if I can get through all that sticky tape. I hope it's a mistake because if it isn't I'll probably end up getting rid of the plants--I mean, who wants plants if you can't grow them the way they're intended to be grown??

7:55 PM, October 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pages here. Great information. Will visit again and recommend.

8:40 PM, January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home