Thursday, October 20, 2005

Fiddle Faddle

Well, here we are folks. Another year with no World Series play for the St. Louis Cardinals. Maybe next year-hopefully...."Que Sera Sera" I guess there's always football, for those who are into that sport. Unfortunately, I've never seemed to be able to understand that game. All I know is that there's alot of well built men with nice "padded" butts, running around on a big football field. I never was much of a basketball fan either. I did go to a hockey game once but I had a hard time keeping up with the game. Of course, the fact that this guy sitting next to me kept trying to hold a conversation about how overpaid most players are didn't help the situation. Oh well...

I can honestly say that I believe today was the longest day of my entire life. I'm so glad it's over. Have you ever had a day like that? I was a clock-watchin' fool. And it seemed that the more I looked up at the clock, the longer it took to reach the next hour. Time can be so cruel. Speaking of which; I've got 2 more days until the day of mourning. My birthday is Saturday and I turn 40 years old. "THE BIG 40" -four "0". I can hardly believe it! It was hard enough for me when I turned 30, but 40....Geez!! I mean sure, I could do like alot of women and just stick on 39 for a few years--LET IT RIDE!! That's not me though. I don't want to lie about my age, never felt the need to do that. I'm not starting now. I'll just grin and bear it making the best of the situation. Aging is a natural thing, we all do it. So I guess I should quit trippin' and take comfort in the fact that I'm still here. It's great to be alive, right?

Oh yea, almost forgot...I'm off work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday which in my infinite book of wisdom= A Weekend!

It's the weekenddddddddddddddddddddd Baby!!
See ya!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Well let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday a day early.
40's not so bad- thoug I have four more years to reach that milestone. Maybe I'll think differently then.

You are right, though its not good to lie about your age AND most importantly be thankful your still breathing....every day. ;>)

6:07 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

As far as football goes - give it a chance. Watch it and eventually you will begin to understand....

6:10 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Happy Birthday goddess.

Immortals don't age, they only improve :)

11:45 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Thanks green. I've been told that 40 is the key to "new horizons" time will tell.
As for football--touchdowns,first downs...I just don't get it. Maybe one day.

And scribe, Immortals r spirits. I'm not dead yet. hehe I know what you meant though. Thx for the wish. *PEACE*

12:26 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

Fotball... All you have to do is watch a game with me and I'll explain it to you - talk tou through it. Piece o' cake.

12:39 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

again I can't type.....

12:40 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Immortals can also be living beings. I wrote a whole novel about one, dammit! Don't take that away from me!!!

9:10 AM, October 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pages here. Great information. Will visit again and recommend.

8:42 PM, January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home