Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Daze.....

Today was a somewhat odd day for me. I can't really put my finger on it but it's just been a strange one. For one thing, the weather's been gloomy which is totally natural for this time of year in St. Louis. The sun did come out now and again, but not for too long. I'm sure it's also partly a result of hurricane Wilma's wrath. I hope this one isn't as devastating as Katrina was. I also was feeling rather lathargic even though I got to sleep in this morning, as opposed to waking up at the crack of dawn, as I normally do for work. Who knows. So anyway, I decided to take a chance and call one of my beauticians (yes, I have a couple) today to see if she could fit me into her busy schedule on such short notice. Lucky for me, she had a cancellation so I was able to get a much needed facial wax -- eybrows etc.... and a haircut to boot! Now I can stretch out for a few more weeks until it's time for a touch up of color (yea, I hate gray hair) and if I choose, another dash of highlights.

I will say this....I'm never going to wait as long as I have to get my facial wax again. Let's just say that my threshold of pain is very low. A couple times, I thought she took my upper lip off with the wax! Oh me oh my!! I'm glad that's over.
So, I'm on my way home from the salon and I start thinking about dinner. I had some beef cube steaks in the fridge already, so it was just a matter of picking up a few side items to fix. I wanted to make something quick so I opted for macaroni -n- cheese and greenbean casserole. Not the best choices but it was okay for me. I'm not too picky. Actually it wasn't that bad of a combination.

Now I'm sippin' on a diet coke and trying to talk myself into packing my totebag for the gym. Being that I get up super early tomorrow for work, I know I won't have time to pack it in the morning. And since I've really been lagging off here lately--rarely working out, I really need to get back into it. I know I'm going to be drop dead tired after work tomorrow because it's Monday. If you know anything at all about the retail business, Mondays' are normally the start of a new ad which can be rather hectic. That's why I have an early start on Mondays. I normally take a nap after work on Mondays because of the work load. The only problem with that is, I wind up sleeping too long. A one or two hour nap turns into four hours. I guess I'll just have to try to go to the gym instead of taking that long nap tomorrow. Easier said than done though...

The World Series is on television and I'm tempted to watch the whole game but if I do that, I'll definately have trouble waking up in the morning and be too pooped to pop after work. It's the third inning and Houston and Chicago are tied 2 -2. What's a girl to do????

3 Comments:

Blogger DREAMER said...

.....I skipped the gym today........I usually go 3 times a week steady. But i SKIPPED this past Sunday......better recovery time anywayz. Maybe one day i'll post my real pic..................................just maybe.

Naps are good after work...When I had a 4:30 am shift I got off at 1:00 pm and would take an hour nap...and the rest of the dayI was fine.

9:04 PM, October 23, 2005  
Blogger Tim said...

I need to go to the gym more frequently, but not for the next few weeks, obviously.

Lazy days are good for chilling out the brain and body. We all need them every once in a while.

Naps are good, no matter how or when you get them, even if they are pain killer induced...;>)

9:23 PM, October 23, 2005  
Blogger Nunzia said...

all a girl is to do is hope the week goes quickly and that next weekend will be more... entertaining.

11:17 AM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home