Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And for today's thoughts.......

I think today is a beautiful day well, with the exception of the humidity. I'm home early from work because business is slow. Everyone's out and about, enjoying themselves in one way or another. I still haven't mowed the lawn so it's really in desperate die or need of cutting. Not to sound as though I'm lazy or stalling but, I do have a few reasons for putting it off. For one thing, the lawnmower is in need of some repairs. The last time I mowed the lawn, I noticed the tires were in a bad way. You know how you see the strips of tire tread on the highway from trucks and cars? That's what was happening to my lawnmower. There is a good possibility that I brought this on myself. It's a Craftsman self-propelled mower and sometimes I have a tendency to leave it in gear even when I'm pulling it back towards me. Mind you, I know this is really kinda idiotic since it makes it harder on me but, I guess I get in a hurry and just don't think about it.

Anyway, when I noticed the tires I decided to do something just to fix them so I could finish the yard that day.....DUCT TAPE!!!! Yea, yea, that's right. That wonderful silver stuff used to fix things in a jiffy during hard times. I'm sure my neighbors were looking on in hysteria but I had to do something, right? So, after I managed to get the tape on the tires, I tryed starting the mower. TAAAAAAAAA ---DAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Of course, it wouldn't start. I don't know why but it just wouldn't. I decided to let it sit awhile and try again later. It eventually started up about 30 minutes later. I'm assuming it was flooded or something. Ok, so I'm not a mechanic.

I finally finished mowing the yard and made a mental note to go to Sears and either buy some new tires for the mower or just buy a new mower altogether. Prices are pretty cheap right now since summer's coming to an end. Which brings me to today.... I was coming home from work and I thought to myself, "I think I'll mow the lawn today since I'm home early." As I walked into the house, and started changing my clothes I thought, "Wait a minute, I never got the tires fixed!!" DARN... and it is awful humid out right now.......

So, needless to say, I'm not going to mow AGAIN. I am off work tomorrow so maybe, just maybe, I can get up early and make a trip to Sears and probably buy a new mower since It would take me forever to figure out how to replace the tires and this mower is about 10 years old. Yep, new mower, that's the ticket! Now if I can just figure out how to use a weed eater..... Ha Ha, it never ends......

And on the brighter side, I've got 3 count'em, 3 more days and my vacation starts. I still have to work on Sunday at my partime job but, after that I'll be off for 2 whole weeks!! Now, most normal people would be planning to go somewhere, perhaps out of town to get away from the same old hustle and bustle. A change of scenery, a place to get their minds off of whatever has been stressing them out. As for me, I've decided not to go anywhere. I was going to go fishing at Bull Shoals Lake, but when I go there, I like to rent an RV and camp. I'm not too much into the primitive way of camping. I'm also the type who likes to travel heavy....which means lots of work. And God knows I don't need anymore of that. I'm just gonna homestead it and relax. Maybe take in a few good movies, pamper myself at a local spa, do alittle fishing at some lakes nearby, and start walking again. To me, that sounds like heaven. So I'm a simpleton.......

Just like right now, this very moment, I'm in heaven. The mere fact of me knowing that I'm actually off of work tomorrow, and it's not even 5pm yet is such a good feeling to me. Working 7 days a week prevents you from taking anything for granted, especially free time. And now, without further adieu, I think I'm going to cuddle up with something to read and take a little nap. No cares, no worries, just total relaxation. MMMMMMMMMMMMM, I'm so there.

4 Comments:

Blogger DREAMER said...

.....nice...very nice. I just got back from vacation....as you can see in my previous blogg posts. Anyhow I know the feeling you speak of....almost hard to describe, but those who work full time knows. I'm on call 24 hrs a day, since I work as a systems administrator.....ya know....nothing but "computer stuff" as most people call it...lol. Anyhow hope you enjoy your vacation....I know I would especially camping...;)

10:40 PM, September 07, 2005  
Blogger Eat2Live - Michele said...

Simpletons are the best kind of people.
Everyone's in a hurry, but to what end?
I like to chill. :)
Enjoy your vacation...

12:00 AM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dreamer, Wow, on call 24/7!! I bet you were REALLY ready for a vacation...Hope you got some much needed r&r. Take care!


And michele, I couldn't agree with you more. We simpletons really know how to enjoy life.(the easy way) Thanks, I plan on having a good ole time!

9:09 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the comment-spam help. That's awesome. I appreciate it.

4:16 AM, September 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home