Saturday, July 23, 2005

What's on my mind...Life's changes

It's funny how your life unfolds as time goes on. You never know how things are going to turn out. You may have your assumptions, or thoughts of what you think will happen in your future but, you never really know until things materialize. For instance: When I was a teenager, I always used to think I'd be rich one day. I'd either marry into wealth or be a self-made millionaire or something of the sort. I always thought I'd be married by the age of 30 (or younger) and have at least two children. Funny, one out of four and that is changed now as well.

I'm divorced....
I'm not rich, nor did I marry a wealthy man.(although i did get married at a very young age) I was sixteen when I made that trip down the isle. And ....that was a trip, but everything happens for a reason. The "marriage" lasted for four years. It was a learning experience for me. We never had any children. Thank goodness, since we were only children ourselves. I did however see my ex-sister-in-law some years back and she showed me a picture of his[my ex-husband's] daughter. She looked just like him. She was beautiful. I often wonder about him. How his life is, if he's still the same....
He was three years older than me which made him nineteen. He was like all teenage guys at that time. He was a stoner, loved his rock-n-roll, played air guitar, drank beer, and lots of coffee. He loved to eat, especially when he had "the munchies" after smoking a few joints. He never gained a pound though. He was like a bottomless pit. Let's see.....He should be about forty-three now, I wonder if that's caught up with him?
I guess I think about him every now and again because when we were together, and the circle of friends we associated with, and my age at that time, were very enjoyable times for me. We used to pull some crazy stunts back then. From harmless joyrides around the old neighborhood, to drag races on long straight-a-ways, to house parties spilling into the streets, never knowing whose house you'd wind up at. Just all around fun times. To quote Jerry Garcia & The Grateful Dead: "What a long, strange trip it's been."
Not that I'm living in the past. I just like to go back there on occasion.....
My primary focus is on my present life and future aspirations. I can honestly say that it is not my intention to get married again. But, you never know. As for wealth, I guess it's just not in the cards. Atleast not in the wage bracket of my occupation. And since I'm not an avid lottery player, my chances are next to nothing. So, I guess I'm amongst the poverty-stricken 'cause the middle class is just about disintegrated. (THANKS GEORGE!!) yeah, right.....
Well, I still have my pride, and my will and determination. And that accounts for something.
Yeah, Life's still good!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home