Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Missouri-SHOW ME-Mirages:

A few words to describe today: "FREAKIN' ASS HOT!"
It was a miserable day outside. Even the animals at Grant's Farm were looking rather uncomfortable. Poor babies..... I felt so sorry for them as I drove past. With all of the humidity and heat, I've noticed that people start acting really strange too. Case in point-- I was driving on the highway earlier today,(notice I said the word highway) and it seemed that every car I was behind was going to a funeral. No one seemed to be doing the speed limit; let alone the minimum.
I know what you're thinking......and yes, I was doing(or trying to do) the speed limit.
I thought of getting in the passing lane, but they too were moving like snails. I couldn't understand it. There was no accident on the roadway and it wasn't a high traffic time. I don't know what else to blame it on so I guess it was the heat.
Here are some more oddities I experienced today......
a. I didn't notice many people talking on cell phones. Normally EVERYONE is on them.[not including me, of course. ha ha]
b. It seems the unanamous choice is to drive with your windows down, even when it feels like the air coming in your car is from the opening of an oven, fireplace, or outside bonfire.
c. Nothing's better than a nice ice cold drink in this heat. Ya think those people drinking beer on their front porches would like some water to rehydrate a little??
d. Layered clothing....nice fashion statement, but in the wintertime, not July. HELLO??????
e. Skimpy clothes. I enjoy seeing men reveal their muscles and shapely women should be proud of their bodies. But mini skirts and mens half shirts are not becoming on the flabby. Get a clue folks!!
Okay, I can honestly say that I blame the heat for statements a,b & d. Statement c however; has nothing to do with the heat. They're there everyday. Ahem..... As for the last statement, Unfortunately I see this alot. Don't get me wrong. It's nice to feel good about yourself. It's just that sometimes appearances don't look as good as you may think they do. I know I would never dress in a revealing outfit unless I had the "model type" shape to show it off. That's just my opinion though. (must be from the heat)
Anyway, it was a strange day. I'm glad it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home