Monday, May 30, 2005

Remembering the Memorial.....

Today is Memorial Day. A day most people associate barbeques, friends, and family gatherings, parties, and the like. That's cool....but, We all should keep in mind what today is REALLY all about as well....

In my own words, Memorial Day is a day of remembrance, and respect for those who lost their lives fighting for our freedoms... A day of atonement. A day to remember our troops that are active right now, as we speak....not at home with family and friends as we are.

This morning, I put my flag up, outside on my porch, and I felt so proud. It was a wonderful feeling to me, to be an American and respect our soldiers past, and present on this Monday, the 30th of May.... I barbequed, like my other neighbors did, but.....I kept the meaning of the day in my mind......

I thought alot about my father, a Korean War veteran, who's passing was a very hard cross for me to bear.... I am so proud of him. He was a wonderful man and father, and.....always will be in my eyes and heart. God rest his soul.......

Of course, any holiday makes me think of my dad and my mom.(also deceased) It's funny....ya know, everything my parents used to say to me has come to pass. (they told me that would happen too) But, at the time they were telling me these things; I was a teenager. I thought I would live forever, and I knew it all..... come to find out, I didn't know a DARN THING!! If I only knew then, what I know now.......Pity(Pit`-tee)

Anyway, I just wanted to express my views on an important holiday and show some respect for my country, fallen heroes, present veterans, and all freedoms I enjoy. I for one, take nothing for granted......I hope everyone enjoys today, and takes time out to remember what today is really all about......**==Happy Memorial Day**==

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne said...

hiya! thanks for the comment! my name is also mary anne! hahaha.... true i haven't known that many people with that name! except for this year... i've met like two other people with the same name except the other one was spelled differently!

10:28 PM, May 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home