Friday, December 01, 2006

Weather Conditions in St. Louis



Here's a link to the One hour radar loop .


Well, the weather here in St. Louis has finally changed for the worse. So far we've had a lot of heavy winds accompanied by sleet, freezing rain, and now snow. I've never been a big fan of wintery type conditions, not even as a child. I mean, I enjoyed playing out in the snow but after awhile I'd get cold and want to come inside to get warm. I enjoyed the view for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but the day after that, I'd always be wishing for spring.

Today is Friday, December 1st. and I'm scheduled to work at 6am. as usual. I'm heading out the door and as I slowly creep onto the slick stuff and close and lock the door behind me, I take a couple steps and.......well, let's just say that the ground is cold and hard and I now know this for sure because I slipped and fell on my side. lol Of course I did the normal looking around to see if any of my neighbors saw that little slapstick of comedy. ( even though it was still dark outside) - I normally leave the house around 5 am. but I still had to take that embarrassed peek around to see who may have caught a glimpse of my little mishap. After a bit of a struggle slip - sliding around while trying to get up, I finally was able to grab hold of the fence and pull myself up. With that, I turned toward the door, unlocked it and returned inside the house. I figured that was a sign to stay home and so....I DID! Later on today, I'll hopefully be able to make my way to the garage and get the shovel and salt to clear a path for tomorrow.

I HATE THIS WEATHER!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

YIKES!! Did you hurt yourself (Other than your pride)??? Sure hope you're ok, girl!

3:46 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,
Yea gurl....I'm alright. I hate falling down even if it's in the dark when nobody can really see. I still know about it and that bothers me too. - also the pain, oh the pain. lol

constant,
Hey, thanks for the invite! I'll keep that in mind. :)
The weather seems to be under control here in the Lou right now. The next issue is everyone getting their electric power restored. Many people have been without electric since the storm. I was very fortunate. * knock on wood *
Georgia on my mind :) - now you got me thinking. lol

10:12 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger DaBich said...

Missing you here...

4:30 AM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger Lara said...

It's almost the end of December and STILL no snow in Omaha. How did you guys get it and we totally missed?

5:19 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,

Hey there Lady. :)

Missing you and the gang here too!
I've been swamped lately. ( too many oars....)
And just what does that word " sleep " mean???
Hope you're doing well and I'm glad to hear from ya!


anonymous midwest girl,

First, thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime,
although you'll find that I'm not a frequent blogger. I try to post
something at least once a month and if I'm really feeling froggy....twice or even 3 times! lol

As for the snow here in St. Louis, it came and went. I'm not sure how it missed you guys. How odd...
Well, never fear 'cause I'm sure Jack Frost and his icey breath will return. I was in Loop City a few times during some really cold times. I saw a dog frozen in place one time while I was there. 'Course, every time I tell that story to people they accuse me of being on some heavy duty drugs....LOL

5:47 PM, December 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home