Thursday, June 01, 2006

THE NEW BUSCH STADIUM

GOOD NEWS HERE!!

I finally got the chance to catch a ballgame at the New Busch Stadium in St. Louis Mo. and it was an awesome experience, lemme tell ya! Viewing the stadium as a whole is totally breathtaking and the fans seem to be more than pleased with it's finish! Although the seating has been cut down to approximately 45,000 from 54,000 capacity, ( including standing room only ) the seats are quite comfortable and the new cupholders are handy and placed conveniently on the backs of the seats so everyone has a place to set their cup rather than holding it or sitting it on the nasty ground. To me, there seems to be a few more inches for leg room -- my legs are short so it may just seem that way.

I went with my two best buddies and everything seemed to be going perfectly for us, from the moment we pulled into the parking garage across from the stadium -- which by the way was $15.00 -- to our departure, there was not one dull moment. We arrived at the stadium around 5:15pm. and were lucky enough to find a parking spot right at the elevators. When we exited the elevator, my heart started thumping at maximum speed. I was so excited!!....and I brought my camera too!! Believe it or not, I took a total of 62 pictures so I'd have a wide variety to choose from to post a few on here and .....well, I'm one of those "tourist types" who like to snap a picture of anything that moves. Anyway, our tickets were for fieldbox seating - third base line -section 161 - WC (wheelchair seating).

Actually, my friend and his son were in the WC seating area and I was directly in front of them (one row below) in seat #9 of row #18. That didn't last long though because no one else showed up for the other WC seats so I ended up sitting up top with them. We were like the three amigos. LOL The WC seating area is very nice seating. You either sit in your wheelchair or the stadium provides sturdy folding chairs for you to sit in. There's lots and lots of leg room and the best part......CONCESSIONS, RESTROOMS, AND THE DESIGNATED SMOKING AREA WAS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!! WHOO - HOO!!!! Before we actually entered the stadium, we took a few pictures which I'll show to you in a bit. The game was scheduled to start at 7:00pm. so we had lots of time to look around and familarize ourselves with the ballpark.

As we walked around the venue and passed the concession stands and souvenir booths, we noticed that this area is now enclosed. It used to be opened so you could see the downtown area and people passing by on the street below. I have to admit that I miss that part. I'm not sure why they decided to enclose it. It kinda reminds me of a big garage but at least it's air-conditioned. Well, most of it. The designated smoking area was God-awful hot.......Before we went to our seating area, we stopped at a concession stand to get three of those yummy Hunter " League Leader" jumbo hotdogs and three sodas 'cause there's nothing like having a hotdog at the ballpark. The cost for these items was right around $30.00. - OUCH! We enjoyed them and I don't know why but the hotdogs always seem to taste so much better at the ballpark. They must have a rotisserie because I've tried cooking the same hotdogs and they never taste as good. LOL Guess it's a mental thing.....

Finally, we went to our seats and MAN - O - MAN WERE THEY EVER NICE!!!

I'd say we were about 25 yards from third base and we could see everything! They were great seats!! The Cardinals were playing against the Houston Astros and there were alot of Astros fans in the crowd. As a matter of fact, there was a guy sitting two seats over from me dressed in an Astros jersey. Although we lost 6 - 3, the game was still intense and not boring at all. It was a very nice cool night and the rain that was scheduled was changed for the next day. Everything was wonderful. I only hope that I can go again one day but, I'll have to do some "heavyduty" saving since the ticket prices have really gone up alot. Our tickets were $78.00 a piece which to me seems pretty expensive but for the enjoyment and love of the game and the smiles it brought to me and my two buddies, it was well worth it. Here are just a few pictures of the stadium for those of you who haven't had the chance to visit as yet......








The new Busch Stadium. My first pic of the day!


The Third Base entance. The man with the sign is a main staple at the stadium. He's been around for as long as I can remember....


Stan "The Man". AWESOME!!


The Arch and the Millenium Hotel in the background. Most of the pictures were taken directly from my field of view where I sat.




On the left, a coca cola sign and in the center, a couple watches as batting practice ends before the start of the game. Below right, Budweiser. I love that clock.....
As you can see, the weather was beautiful. No rain with blue skies!
Another picture of the Millenium Hotel & the parking garage.

This sign is pretty in the day and even more beautiful at night with all of the lights illuminating.
Scott Rolen rounds the bases on his way home. GO SCOTTY!!
Scotty makes it home! And below, Albert Pujols at bat and sliding in "SAFE" at home plate.


Thanks for pushing to go to the ballpark Nathan 'cause if YOU didn't, we probably would've never gone....
Me acting goofy....
Nick - My best buddy in the whole wide world!!!

We're all happy, that's all that matters....





A very helpful usher and just a random pic of people running into old friends at the ballpark.



Fans leaving at the end of the game. Ever wonder how many people it takes to clean up the ballpark? I wouldn't want that job, would you?
Well, that's about all I've got for now. Hope you enjoyed my little pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them. Have a nice evening all! Toodlesssssssssssss......

8 Comments:

Blogger DaBich said...

WOW! The park is beautiful indeed. And you're quite a looker too ;)
Your friends are smiling so everyone was indeed happy! Glad you had a good time!!

4:49 AM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

I'm glad you had a great time. And I was hoping you'd get a chance to go and take pics for all of the baseball fans that read your blog.

The stadium is beautiful and the great baseball fans in St. Louis deserve a great park.

7:36 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

dabich,

Thanks ma`dear! A good time was had by all. :)


green,

The very day we bought the tickets, you crossed my mind. I remembered that you suggested I make a post about the stadium. Thanks!

5:49 AM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Thanks constant. Glad you enjoyed the post and the pics. I hope to go again one day. :)

4:41 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Tim said...

awww shucks - you were thinkin' 'bout li'l ol' me....

9:08 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I sure was. Believe it or not, I listen to what people have to say...especially my fellow bloggers who take the time to visit my site from time to time. I hope that I can continue to "spark" your interest in my blog. I see I've lost some of my "regular" passers-by....Thanks again green. :)

10:39 PM, June 04, 2006  
Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Thanks constant. I feel so "hip" ;)

12:20 AM, June 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is an old post but I clicked on your name when I was on Dabich's place and had a look/see.

I lived outside of St Louis when I was in Junior High. I lived in Creve Coeur on Mayerling Drive in the Seven Pines (actually back then, it was 6 pines and a dead one). Parkway North Jr High, then they built a new HS when I was moving. I saw my first concert at SIU (The Who for $2.50 cents, a lawn seat) Yup I did. My fondest memory of St. Louis is seeing the Cards play the Mets at Busch Stadium in skybox seats and I got Tug MaGraws signature (ok now I dated myself LOL, but then again I already did with the price of the lawn seat at SIU).
I was devestated at age 15 moving back here to New England. Good times!! St Louis is a GREAT city.

8:11 PM, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home