Sunday, April 24, 2005

On the Outside Looking In

Here i am, about to begin,
Another tale from deep within.
A tattered page from an opened book,
For all to come and take a look.

With nothing to gain, it seems so clear,
I need to do alittle venting here.
Feeling heavy hearted and letting go with a sigh,
Life seems to be just passing me by.

Working from the dawn, into the night,
Seven days a week, just don't seem right.
All of my time and energy I'm giving,
With nothing left for the land of the living.

A much needed change is my one true goal,
Before i fall into the dark, desolate, hole.
A hole filled with regret, and could've and should've been,
A hole many people seem to fall down in.

Well, not this girl i watch, from the outside looking in,
She's gonna find some strength, from deep down within.
She's gonna build a life, and begin again,
She's gonna stop bitchin' and moanin' and then........

She's gonna LIVE, yes live in spite of it all,
Regardless if no one ever comes to call.
The most important thing is her, or me, i should say,
Making the most of my life in my own special way.

Another chapter in the old book is closed,
I must move on to the next episode.
And i will, yes i will,
From now on and Until............

By Me, Myself, & I





1 Comments:

Blogger lhohl said...

That is a very nice poem, well written and beautiful. ^_^

8:08 PM, May 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home