Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What's On My Mind: Musically Speaking

Hello world!! Yea, that's right, I'm back. I didn't fall off the face of the earth yet. I have been so busy lately and have had no time to post anything new. Unfortunately; I'm having a great deal of trouble figuring out how to post pictures on here as well..... I am bound and determined to accomplish this task even if it kills me!!!!!! I guess it's just going to take a little " trial and error" and a little help from my comp saavy friends. lol

Anyway, what I'd like to talk about today is MUSIC.......(my one true love) All music, all the time. I mean really, it's kinda sorta-for lack of a better term--ANAL! I am really caught up in the rapture, when it comes to this spectrum. It's so bad that, when I'm at work I am either listening to the radio[while working] or thinking of some kind of ditty rhythmn. In one way or another, music is always on my mind and in my soul.

I suppose i can attribute most of my feelings for music toward being raised around lots and lots of music. My father was a musician. I really should have chosen to be in this profession in some form or another. Sometimes, well at least once a day, i get a song in my head and i can't for the life of me stop thinking about it. I will literally hum or sing a particular tune ( in my head) over and over .....all day long. Does this ever happen to any of you?????

A prime example: Today, I got to work and got into my normal routine and there it was; CLOCKS by the group called Coldplay. God, I love that song!!!!! I don't know what it is about it, can't put my finger on it, but it really sends chills down my spine everytime i hear it. It's a light year groove, for sure! Ha-Ha Guess i'm just a spaced out weirdo huh?

I'll tell ya something i really enjoy....music trivia. Not that i know much, very little compared to people i've spoken with over the years, but the knowledge is endless. It gives you the chance to learn so many little things about bands that you always wanted to know or never even thought about. Little facts and tidbits of info; Amazing..............

I can remember when MTV first came on the air. It was such a big deal back then. Correct me if i am wrong, but i believe it was in 1982 or maybe 1981 and the very first video was by a group called "The Buggles" with a song/video called"Video killed the radio star" It was such a thrill back then. lol The strangest part for me and my mother(deceased now rest her soul) was that we already had experienced music videos prior to MTV.

My mom would turn the stereo on full blast and put on (my age really shows now) The Midnight Special or Don Kirshner's Rock Concert or any tv show and watch and listen to the music in stereo....GEE, what a concept!!!! Viola! The birth of music videos. Yea, those were some fun times, back in the day. If anyone can relate to anything on this post, please let me know. I'd love to hear your interests. Well, that's about all i've got tonight, hopefully I'll have more time to post more often. Have a good one! PEACE****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home