Thursday, April 14, 2005

What else can happen??????

Ever have one of them days when you just can't seem to get things into a positive perspective? Makes you wanna say "If it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all." It's like a snowball effect, it starts out as a little ball of crap and then as the day goes on the ball keeps rolling and accumulating (more crap) and before you know it, the day has ended and you have a .....well, you get the picture. I've had many days like this, and one stands out in my mind.
A few weeks ago, I was on my way to work. No biggie, right? I'm driving along and I happened to notice one of the gauges on my truck looking abnormal. --- the battery was in the red!! I totally panicked since i know nothing at all about vehicle maintenance, except to get the oil changed occasionally. The time was 5:30 am and all i could think of was if I turn the truck off, it's not going to start again. So, I decided to drive straight to the dealership and wait for them to open so they could take a look at it. At this point, I realized I was going to have to call my work to let them know I was having car problems...... (didn't wanna do that, but I had no choice)
I'm a bundle of nerves at this point 'cause I hate having any kind of car trouble, and of course I had to ask that all time stupid question: "WHAT ELSE CAN HAPPEN?" Believe it or not, as soon as that question crossed my mind, and I mean the split second that I thought it, there was this loud pinging noise on my windshield. Yep, u guessed it.....A ROCK!!! What are the chances of this happening????? There were no cars in front of me, although I was on the highway. There was a truck in the lane to my right, alittle ahead of me.

Needless to say, I wished I'd never asked that question. lol I finally arrived at the dealership[it's 6:00am now] I was the first car there, unfortunately they don't open until 7:00 and the mechanics don't arrive until 7:30 and.....they don't start until 8am. Happy Happy Joy Joy!! Soooooooooooo, I sit, and sit, and sit, with the truck running the whole time . Believe me when I tell ya, this day started out crappy and just got worse and worse, all the way to days end. I felt as if I were related to a character who played on the show F-Troop. (Remember Wrongo Starr?)

There is one good bit of news to this story however. I was washing my truck a few days later and I noticed that the windshield had no damage after all. Imagine that? Could my luck be changing? OPPS!!! Yep.....that's another one of those dangerous questions..............

1 Comments:

Blogger lhohl said...

Everyday to me seems that way. Good thing you didn't run outta gas or something while you were sitting there waiting at the car dealership. So guess that is another good thing to add, along with the windshield not being damaged from the rock. Just wasn't your day. ^_^

8:14 PM, May 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home